Now, before you think I'm being tough on my hubby, please let me redeem the man--in a big way. He decided that one day wasn't enough to celebrate. Sure, you have anniversaries and Valentine's Day, but what about all the other everyday times that you should celebrate? So, he started bringing me flowers at random. He also sneaks cards in there every once in a while.
He's gotten really good at picking out roses, but also branches out into lilies, tulips, asters, and daisies. It's nothing rare to walk into my house and see fresh flowers on the table.
I feel celebrated, but last night I felt double celebrated. With red roses on my counter that still look fresh, he walked in the door with another dozen in white. Wow! You Da' Man, Jon!
Now that our celebration continues throughout the year, I could care less about Valentine's Day. In fact, prices on roses skyrocket and the quality isn't there (says my husband) during that week. It's best to buy them the week after--which he does--with a smile.
4 comments:
That Jon is a swell guy.
You know Lori reads this blog right? Thanks a lot. Now I've got some work to do.
Ha
mark
Sweet, sweet hubby of yours....:)
LJ
Sinatra must also like those flowers. So good to see a smile on his face. Ha!
Post a Comment