Friday, August 03, 2007

6+4 in the Mix

Today I'm watching my friend's children. She has four just like me, but she did it in 5 years. She also has one girl and three boys just like me. Unlike me, her oldest is a boy. Gem and her girl are two years, two months apart, but that doesn't seem to keep them from playing together. Shakespeare comes after their daughter in age, only trailing by two months, but that doesn't keep him from playing with both of their oldest boys: one of their boys is two years older and one is one year younger than Shakespeare. Their youngest boy is on par with Popcorn and is finally potty trained, leaving my friend without diapers on her shopping list. Gem, born in February, is the oldest of all the kids, but only by 2 months. The only one not accounted for is the youngest of them all: my adorable little Sinatra, who is the same number of months old as the number of years of the two oldest kids added together.

Popcorn (see picture)is 3. Can you put the children in order and tell me their ages?

PS: Keeping things running smoothly with 8 children in the house can sometimes be as difficult as that paragraph, but today is going great--so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have kids? That means I'm an uncle! hooray!

Uncle Mark

Anonymous said...

Why would you of all people put up a word problem? I mean, honestly! We hate these, remember? I'm just glad I already know their ages.

Aunt Emily