Friday, November 23, 2007

Our Day After Thanksgiving Maddness

Never go to Circuit City the morning after Thanksgiving. We went to get a wireless router as a housewarming gift, but the lines were as obnoxious as a bad comb-over so we left empty handed.

Definitely go to Steve & Barry's the morning after Thanksgiving. I got a new jacket for $10 and Jon got a leather jacket for $10. He also bought Oklahoma and Michigan hoodies for $12 each. Beautiful! Their normal prices are almost as wonderful.

If you ever dare to join the population of crazy people who brave the morning bedlam, keep your eyes peeled for the really crazy ones. Point in case; I thought that only Mary Kay ladies drove pink Cadillacs, but in the parking lot of Home Depot this morning I saw a Pepto-pink Cadillac Escalade with swirling bling on the wheels. There was even a full-sized white poodle in the back seat. I took pictures with my camera phone, but I have no idea how to transfer them to my computer.

How did I get out this morning with my husband and one child to go shopping? Sinatra is keeping his new tradition alive and waking at 5:15, so early morning is no trouble. My sister-in-law was awake with the baby and one of her others and offered to watch ours for the morning. Yea!

No comments: