But pretty soon the memory of a mouse fades away and life gets back to normal.
The other day, during the middle of the day, I heard a scraping sound. You know that sound. It makes the hair on the back of your neck prickle just like mine. It's one of those sounds that makes me run to denial: must be a child with a piece of paper, or something falling from the counter. Then I eventually come to terms with the fact that it's an unwelcome visitor.
This unwelcome visitor, however, ended up not being of the rodent variety. It was, in fact, already a welcomed guest in our home. He's become quite the recluse lately and I almost forgot he existed. When he formed his cocoon I assumed that we would hear nothing else from him, but I was mistaken.
So, from time to time that little glorified worm gives me a shot of adrenaline to make it through my day. Thanks, Kermit (that's his name).
1 comment:
you were grossing me out there for a while.
Post a Comment