Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm History!

Gem was thrilled this week when she discovered that American Girl released a new historical character. Julie comes complete with a series of books that let the reader jump right back in time.

Some other characters include: Felicity and Elizabeth from Colonial America; Kit from the great depression, Addy from the civil war, and Molly from WWII.

The new girl, Julie, is from the distant past. Her heritage is a bit sketchy for researchers to put together, but they did manage to come up with some outfits that capture the time period. Crochet and rainbow colors seem to dominate the theme. Of course, lime green and orange stripes on a fake leather bag do justice to the era as well.

Yes, I'm the new American Girl--a 70's kid. I was speechless at first, then erupted in laughter. I'm a historical character. How does that make all you 30-somethings feel?!!!


Here I am on my groovy Star Trek bike with the neighborhood kids and my dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE OLD!!

Natalie said...

Isn't it sad that we are old enough to be embodied in a doll?