Saturday, September 01, 2007

Can You Speak Brrrrrr?

My Shakespeare has really lived up to his name today. The real one coined hundreds of new words for the English language. Mine created a new language in one morning.

While "training" with grandpa (going to see trains)Shakespeare was entertaining himself. First he climbed in the car, then on top of the car--in, on, in, on. Then he kicked the fence and told grandpa he was practicing karate. Then he started playing with his hands and making noises like a motorcycle "brrr . . . brrr".



Hey, Grandpa! Look. I can speak Brrr.

Really?

Brrrrr... Brrrrrr (lips vibrating). And look! I even know it in sign language!

What can I say? Such a talented child. He must be a prodigy. He's fluent, you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thiderloderwaderkader. That's my made up word. Emily can testify to this. I used to use it all the time. It just rolls off the tongue easily. Try it out. Separate it into four words wit two syllables each. Thider-Loder-Wader-Kader. In Brrrr, it would sound like "brrr-brrrr-brrrrr-brrrrrr.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Now for the rest of the story. Mom just detailed the inside of the van and discovered dried up chocolate milk stains in the carpet. That would be "brrr -- splatt!!!!