Monday, July 23, 2007

Mini Mozart




Sinatra's music career has begun. In the background you can see a budding virtuoso, who right now has in her repertoire Mary had a Little Lamb, Twinkle-twinkle, and the Michigan fight song. (Notice our fine art in the background--we call it, Spider Man in Red and Blue).

I ordered piano books last week and will probably begin lessons when they come. I'm planning on teaching her through the first level and then letting a professional take over from there. She really wants to play flute, but I told her she has to take at least one year of piano first. That gives me a year of reprieve from one of my most dreaded sounds--the flute. At least it wasn't a clarinet.

Her other musical heart's desire is the harp. GAG! I told her that she had to play piano for a good 6-8 years before I'd even consider that instrument. The cost alone is enough to put a kibosh on the whole thing, but have you ever seen those poor creatures that literally carrying that burden on their backs or on those cart things. No thanks! I'd have to rent a U-Haul just to take it to all the weddings she'd be playing for. And, oh, yes, she would be playing at many weddings--just to pay for the dern thing.

What is it with God giving us children that are exact opposites? I hated pink. Guess who loves it? So many things like that.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

What piano book series are you using? I've been thinking of doing it with my two also.

Anonymous said...

Hey Crazy Legs! You all look great! It's so nice to hear from people from time to time! I am now overdue with baby #2 and will be induced tomorrow, so I will send pics when I get them!

Take care,
Ash-head