1. The only person in our family not to have blond hair as a young child was Popcorn. Even Jon and I had blond until about 4 years old.
2. Almost everyone has trouble getting their kids to do chores. The best way that I've found to motivate ours is 2 Thess. 3:10. "If a man will not work, he shall not eat." Breakfast is a big deal in our house. My kids don't eat theirs until beds are made, clothes are on and rooms are picked up. I often say, "You don't work, you don't eat."
Here they are unloading the dishwasher. They have an ingenious system for reaching the high stuff.
3. I'm the general handyman in our house. Hubby Man is actually quite handy too, but doesn't enjoy it like I do. I actually asked God to help me learn how a toilet works. That was the stupidest thing I ever prayed. Just tonight I had to replace the flapper in our master bath because it was slowly leaking. I've also replaced a fill tower thing that the bobber hangs on, gaskets, flush handle, and supply hose.
4. Jon is a deal hawk. His mom took him shopping and trained him young. His sister is also amazing at finding a bargain.
5. (Tied to #4) Jon grew up in a house where leftovers were eaten and food was managed. I grew up with a refrigerator full of leftovers that rotted before we would eat them and my mom still hates coupons or shopping for deals. Anyway, Jon and I have a running joke about my refrigerator management skills. I started out with an "F" when we got married and have now reached a steady "C". For a while I had a magnetic whiteboard on the freezer side that had a list of leftovers and the amount left. I would update it as we ate it. Jon gave me a temporary "A", but that quickly sank to a "B-", only to land at a "C" again. The whiteboard is gone.
6. We got rid of TV in February and have hardly missed it. Every once in a while I will see a flag at half mast and worry that I've missed something big. A quick check at Fox News online clears it up for me. I also wish we had the Discover Channel and History Channel. The kids and I love Planet Earth.
7. Our favorite subject is history.
8. We've been to Disney World 6 times. (4 with the kids) What can I say--we like Mickey.
Okay, now that I've been tagged, it's time for me to pass it to The 5 Smokers -- that's their last name, not an addiction.
1 comment:
Now that wasn't too painful, was it? Actually I despise all those memes also...but this one seemed easy enough. Plus I needed something to blog about anyway.
Hey, I'm with you on the fridge thing. I'm not even sure Jim would give me a C.
Post a Comment