When I was living in Indiana my friend and I hatched an idea for a consignment sale for kid items: Kids Market. That year we organized, advertised, sold booth space to get some up-front cash and pulled the thing off. At $6,000 in gross profits it was a great success. We repeated it the next year and landed near $8,000. Then my friend and I both moved, leaving it in the hands of others.
The other day I was talking to my friend about our joint venture and we were musing about what Kids Market must be like now.
Today I contacted the woman who runs KM (also a good friend)to ask about the gross profit. In just six years it tripled ($24K). Yea!!! Now it is getting so big that they are having to go to two sales/year. Also, they're going to online registration and a bar code system to scan items at checkout. My baby is all grown up.
The accomplishment of having established something so successful is gratifying. Even though it is only a consignment event, it was something done in excellence that continued because the foundations were well laid.
No Longer Mundane
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment