Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Showered



On Sunday my church gave me a baby shower. Our pastor decorated the room beautifully and put out quite a spread of wonderful food. I was so blessed. Pastor Sandra also made a big to-do of the big sister. On Gem's chair there was a pink bib that says "I love my big sister" and a tiara and corsage. She felt celebrated.

It was wonderful to be surrounded by pink and bows and ribbons and dresses and all things little girl. It's amazing how much my femininity has grown since Gem was born. She was just lucky that I didn't put her in blue all the time. I believe that yellow and red were my colors of choice then. But Gem's love of all things pink soon drove me to accept it and even embrace it. As I write this I'm wearing a pink T-shirt.

I got so many wonderful little outfits and all the bedding that I still needed. I especially love the soft blankets. My friend, Melissa, already bought me a new high chair. I REALLY needed that. I thought about registering for a bouncy seat, but I couldn't find one that collapses flat and didn't have every bell and whistle imaginable, so I'm going to sew a cover for my old frame and attach new dangly toys. I might buy the material and have Mom undertake that while she's here. She can whip something like that out in about an 8th of the time it takes me.

Mom arrives on the 30th--three days before due date. She has never been here when a baby is born. Perhaps this will be the exception. We'll see.

12 Days and counting!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

How fun! You (and Gem) look great. And I'm still not sick of pinkk.

Anonymous said...

How nice of the church ladies. Love the picture with all the colors and you both look great. i know you all are getting excited for that little girl. See you all in a few weeks. Love, Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

What a nice shower your church family gave you! You and Gem look so pretty! Gem is going to be a wonderful older sister. Gem is growing up to be a lovely young lady. Can't wait to see pics of the new little one when she arrives! Embrace the pink!
Lots of love,
Carmen : )