Monday, September 15, 2008

The Best Comment

One day I took all my kids with me to mail a package. I usually go to the post office at the airport because there are fewer long lines there. This particular day was a happy one. The sun was shining, the weather warm, school done and children getting along. The kids even behaved nicely while in line (I expect it, but don't always get it).

We were headed out through the lobby when a woman entered and stated the standard, "I bet they keep you busy." I flashed a smile instead of a reply, then she stopped walking, smiled and added, "...and you don't mind it at all, do you?"

"It's a blessing and a joy. Sometimes it's hard, but mostly, it's great!" I loved being able to fill in the blank. It made my day. It happened over a year ago and I'm still talking about it.

No comments: