Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Room for Living

Our previous living room was a play room--nothing else, just a place to play.  It was painted an obnoxious yellow in preparation for the circus tent theme that I was going to do but never got to.  I had babies.

But now we're heading toward putting the house on the market and I think that the circus tent room just isn't going say "home" to anyone who walks in my front door and looks to the right.  So, over the last couple of months we've made some adjustments.  If you've seen the before, here is the dramatically different after, complete with new carpet that was installed Tuesday.


This picture captures the truest representation of the paint color--Rice Grain by Sherwin Williams.  Nice soft neutral with brown and yellow undertones, but not too fleshy.

I love the big pillow on the chair.  It pulls the coral lamps and the bits of orange around the room together.  I never would have imagined that I would go for orange as my pop of color choice, but it's really nice.  Also, that frame above the chair is actually two frames that happened to fit perfectly inside one another.  Couldn't have planned it better.  I always thought that the boy with the broom looked like a girl.  Sorry, Rembrandt.

Love the lamps and pillows that I picked up at TJ Maxx.
The matching lamp is on the desk.
I had a stockpile of gold framed art in the attic, so I went with that and I think it works.
It's a bit more formal than I care for, but it was the right price: free.

Great rug, compliments of Jon's parents when they moved from their Georgia house.

Probably need to pull the couch forward a little more.  I love that it floats in the room--no pushing everything up against a wall.

Well, that's the grand tour of that room.  Next up on the project list is the dining room and the girls' room.  Farther down the road is the boys' room.

All this and a baby on the horizon.  Went to the Dr. on Wednesday and had an ultrasound--everything looks great.  Still a girl.  She's about 5lb. 15oz. right now.  Two weeks, 3 days to due date.


1 comment:

Keeping Up With the Joneses said...

Looks really nice, sweetie. I know the work you did to get it together. You're getting there!