Saturday, July 09, 2011

Ready for Thanksgiving and Six Kids

I just never knew that Craigslist could be so kind to me.  Here's our new (old) kitchen table.  It's in great condition.   Our old table served us well, but only seated 6 with both leaves in.  That didn't bode well for a family with number 6 on the way.  So, I've been on the lookout.  

Last week we saw a post for a beautiful 12 seater.  They were asking $1,200 but it was too formal.  I felt that I would be putting a tablecloth over it all the time to avoid kid scratches.  So when I saw this rounded corner, solid wood trestle table I immediately called.  It was posted yesterday morning, today it's  in our kitchen.

So here she is.  Six chairs included.  This is without leaves in--seats 6.

The Lovely Gem will now demonstrate how to add the leaves.  Simply separate table, swivel leaf upward...

One side down.  Now unfold...
Lay flat...

Same for second leaf.

Now it seats 10, comfortably.

Here's the kicker: $325!  
Thanksgiving dinner, anyone?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

LOVE Craig's List and I love how those leaves are stores in the table.