
Math has never been my favorite subject. I have an aunt who loves a good soduku challenge. Me? I'd rather eat dirt.
Being a home educator, however, has forced me to stare math in the face. The Kindergarten stand-off was not too intimidating. Neither was first, second or third grade. But pretty soon the intimidation factor is going to outstrip my comfort zone.
In an effort to stave off destruction, I've resorted to math-u-see. When I watched the introduction DVD, the teacher demonstrated (with manipulatives) an algebra function that I remember doing, but not understanding. The way he explained it made me comprehend it for the first time--hence the title, Math-u-See (understand). The guy who created it likes puns. He uses objects that you can SEE and makes you SEE (understand).
The curriculum goes through pre-calculus. I'm hoping that it will give me the understanding that I never had and will give my kids an excellent grasp of mathematics.
3 comments:
I need to borrow them!!
I need to borrow them!!
I've already flunked 2nd grade math and I'm not doing well with Kindergarten either, so I think I'm pretty much a hopeless math case.
Post a Comment