Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Our Adventures in an Odyssey

We got a Honda Odyssey! But this is not just a Honda Odyssey--it has everything but wings. Yes, I'm about to blather on and on about minivan features. But before I do, I have to tell that we got an incredible deal on the thing.



We bought it from a lady at our church who was going to trade it in, but called us and offered it to us for the trade in price because she would rather see us get it than the dealer. When Jon called our bank about the loan, because the price was so unbelievable, the guy cautioned him to make sure that it wasn't a scam. Ha!

Okay, so here's the rundown: (normal stuff)leather, sunroof, dual power sliding doors, cool deep trunk compartment in back, 6-disc CD changer, built in DVD . . . (not so normal stuff) GPS system, a carousel style compartment in the floor behind the front seats (for snacks, DVDs, extra diapers), a little convex mirror on the sunglasses holder facing that lets you see if Shakespeare is pestering Popcorn, and drum roll . . . when I put the thing in reverse, the GPS screen flips to a different mode that shows what's behind the van--a backing camera. I've only ever seen that on motor homes. So Fun! New gadgets.



Ours is an '05, so those of you with newer models are probably yawning, but I'm thrilled. It's going to take a while to get used to all the new buttons, but I'll manage somehow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Impressive! Mark says he's sure I'll want a van someday. If that's true, it'll be an Odyssey for sure! The color is great too! Have fun!! ~LJ

Natalie said...

we have Odyssey envy!