Wednesday, June 01, 2011

HOT!!!

The other day it hit 100 degrees--100! That's a lot around here. You Texas and OK friends and family may be yawning, but all I can say is, just add humidity and 100 degrees is a different beast. At least in the southwest you can count on a breeze.

So, what do you do on an oppressively hot day? Water, of course. Actually, these pictures were taken on a day that was more 80-something. The driveway wasn't broiling, just a bit sizzily (pretend it's a real word), but I thought that I would mention the HOT day because I was feeling chatty and the universal language of chatty has a couple of staples--weather is one of them, so I went there.

While I was spray painting the front porch wicker furniture, the younger boys were having a grand time in the sprinkler. Every once in a while they would break from jumping on the sopping wet trampoline or sliding on the slippery grass to toast themselves on the driveway. If you've never done this, it's a must. Of course you have done this. I don't know a child in America that hasn't. If you have girls, they make water angels (like snow angels). But if you have boys, well--butt prints. That's what they delight in--butt prints. They also just like to lay there and get warm.












My wonderful "helper"! They used the empty spray cans to help me paint.

No comments: