Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Introducing Annie



We did something on Sunday that I didn't think we would do for a very long time. We adopted Annie. She's a Chiweenie. That's right, a chiweenie. One more time, chiweenie. The receptionist at the vet chuckled when I told her the breed. She's a chihuahua/dachshund mutt. What can I say, I was drawn in by those sweet eyes.

Jon took the kids to the pet store on Sunday while I shopped by myself. They called and I came over. We held lots of dogs and loved how sweet Annie was. There were tears when the kids parted. I was undecided. They went home and an hour and a half later I came home with a kennel, some dog food and Annie.



I dubbed her "Annie". When Jon held her he commented about how she was such a sweet little thing. That made my mind flash to Matthew Cuthbert in Anne of Green Gables when he comments to Marilla, "She's such a sweet little thing, Marilla. It'd be a shame to send her back." So, "Anne with an E" it is=Annie. Let's hope that she doesn't live up to her namesake's mischief.

We've been mighty short on sleep since she came to our place. We're in housebreaking mode. They tell me that it doesn't last near as long as potty training a child. I'm counting on it.

I'm glad we waited this long to get a dog. Gem and Shakespeare are huge helps. I never would have done this with a house full of little littles.

Dog seems happy. Children are definitely happy. Mom and Dad are happy that their children are happy!

Gem wants one of those little socialite style bags for our small celebrity. What a hoot!

I can't believe we own that sweet little prissy-style dog.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Great! Now my kids are really going to think they are the last kids in America who don't have a dog!

But she is cute.

Six in the Mix said...

Lots of work, Nat. Resist. She's sweet, but I'm still warming up.

Gem said...

She is also known as a mexican hot dog.

Gem said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gem said...

I also plan on getting her a wardrobe of doggie clothes. And all of the random, cute, girly, prissy, things that the world created for dogs.

Gem said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Harrell Hijinks said...

you drank the kool-aide!!!!!!! hahahahaahahahahahahahahaha,

i told you i was gonna laugh when you ended up with a dog :), make that :D

hahahahahaahahahahaha,

she's adorable!!!! gem, doll clothes work well in the mean time, lol