He was in the tree outside Jon's office and begged me to take pictures of him. They turned out pretty cute. In fact, they just make me smile.
This is also something that makes me smile. The other night I made homemade shortcake with plenty of sugar, piled on the strawberries and poured on a bit of milk while it was still piping hot. I could go for some now.
Then there is this. At first glance it looks cute or at least happy. He likes those sweetened, dried cranberries--the beaming smile tells me this. But notice...the pajamas. It's 11:03 pm and he's wired. This is not the cute picture you thought it was. It's the "Mommy I demand that you keep your eyes open" machine. This has not been Mommy's delightful, strawberry shortcake, happy day--and my husband is somewhere in Georgia at the moment.
My 6th grade teacher once told me, "This too shall pass." I know that someone famous is credited with the phrase, but to my dying day I will always thank that woman for repeating it to me. It just stuck in my head way back then and often pops up to renew my perspective in "times that try the soul."--Anne (spelled with an "e").
Yep, pretty soon I can look forward to potty training while nursing. Lovely. Someone please put me in bed before sarcasm takes over completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment