Saturday, November 08, 2008

Oh, Deer!

At a little before one in the afternoon I turned out of the college onto the busy 4 lane road. I hadn't gone 100 yards when a buck bounded across the road and slammed into my rear passenger window. He got back up and ran into the nearby woods. Another deer darted across with more success.


I pulled into a campus parking lot and called Jon. Thankfully, he had all the kids with him at homecoming. If they had been there, Shakespeare would have had half a face full of glass and Popcorn certainly would have had a lapfull. I'm glad that the only damage is a window, some body work, and a $250 deductible.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. So glad you didn't have the kiddies!

Anonymous said...

oh no! I am so glad the kiddies weren't with you! Did you pee your pants a little? Scream? Anything? Did the second deer continue running on into the woods? What a mess!

Deke and Cindy said...

Wow, so relieved you are OK Erin and so happy my babies weren't on board. My babies, my babies! Hold on, Nana is coming.

Natalie said...

Yuck! Can't believe he came out on that busy road. Praise God the kids weren't with you!

Anonymous said...

Thank God you were not injured! What a blessing that the kids were not in the van!