Friday, June 20, 2008

A Miracle

I know that it isn't really a miracle, but the breakthrough feels just as dramatic: Shakespeare is actually picking up books to read them!!! I'm so thrilled that I have a hard time making him stop and do other things--like math, or chores.



Here he is reading a chapter about Joseph in his children's Bible. Earlier he read a book about dragons and (with me) a chapter in a book about Benjamin Franklin.

Reading has been such a struggle for him. A friend advised me to back off rather than push harder. His attitude changed from, "I hate reading." to "I can do this." Now he wants to pick up the books that challenge him.

I knew that he wouldn't still be sounding out words on his wedding day, but part of me had started doubting.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Still waiting for my miracle!