Jon bought me a new bicycle in January. I immediately jumped on it and hit the trail that runs behind our house. Because our area is quite hilly I was huffing and puffing in no time.
Gone are the days of jumping on the bike and going 12 miles without blinking. In fact, I'm quite out of shape. I could try to blame it on having 4 kids and homeschooling, but when it really comes down to it I just haven't made physical activity a high priority.
In an attempt to remedy the situation, I made an effort last week to get a new hitch that allows the bike trailer to attach to my new bike. The old hitch didn't do the trick. REI had it in stock and I installed it immediately after returning home. When Sinatra woke up from his nap I announced to the whole gang that we were going to go on a bike ride. Sinatra and Popcorn eagerly climbed aboard.
Aside from having to reign in a 7 and 9 year old that are not used to traveling single file on a sidewalk that borders a mildly busy street, we had a wonderful, huffing and puffing experience. My cross country determination kicked in and made me push up the last hill without stopping.
I found that my kids were sissies. They wanted to stop for water breaks frequently and complained about even slight hills. Wimps! I'm hoping to whip them into shape by the end of the spring. I'm looking forward to feeling more fit.
No Longer Mundane
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment