Gem showed me a notebook on the top of one of the stacks: "See, Mom, you can check out a backpack." She had told me about it before, but I must have been in "uh-huh" mode rather than actually listening.
The notebook was divided into three sections; preschool, school age, adult. Each section was divided into subjects like butterflies, hibernation, at the beach, in your back yard, beginning gardening, night sky, etc.
The "night sky" backpack for adults caught my eye. On that page was listed the contents: Field Guide to the Night Sky, Turn Left at Orion (book), The Night Sky (quick guide), Nightwatch (book), Star Gaze (video). All I had to do was go to the circulation desk and ask for it.
So up I marched and asked for the backpack. The librarian went to the back room and came back with a sturdy bag full of the materials. There they were: no weeding through resources for the good books, no looking up locations, no gathering, and already packed up and ready to go home. Beautiful! What brilliant backpacks--and this one is mine for 2 weeks. Why didn't someone think of this before?
2 comments:
That is very very cool. Astronomy 201 and 202 was my favorite college course. So interesting! It's right in front of us every night and yet we hardly notice. Good for you!
Mark
Our library has backpacks too. I just haven't ever checked one out.
Post a Comment