I'm trying not to cry. I really hate the color. I was looking forward to a nice gray taupe. Now it's a tan/brown--not even a dark or light, just midtone. How did I go wrong? I compared paint chips for months. I guess the mistake came when I made a new, last minute decision. I should have hired a decorator to pick the colors for me.
The first day of painting was just okay. I wasn't thrilled with the color, but thought it just needed the trim to contrast. WRONG! They started the trim and I made them stop. It looked hideous. They just painted white trim instead. It's quite stark. Now I'm holding my breath. If the shutters make it look worse I'm going to cry buckets of tears then paint them something else.
Jon says that it's just okay, not great, not horrible. Yep, I paid thousands of dollars to have my house painted blah.
No Longer Mundane
12 years ago
1 comment:
oh no! oh no! i don't know what more to say than oh no!
have a few drinks of something and then look again....maybe it will look better.
i've had the same thing happen before...not with something this big, but i do feel your pain.
Post a Comment